[Catalyst] Catalyst getting wrong path from Apache server-side includes

Ashley apv at sedition.com
Fri Apr 16 03:49:01 GMT 2010

It's a longshot that this is relevant to the problem but it is
relevant to Engine::CGI and I needed an excuse to bring it up again.
There is a long-standing bug in the prepare_path of
Catalyst::Engine::CGI that wrecks certain kinds of apache path
handling (and therefore uri_for) if the path contains regex chars.

   http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/dev/21380

Due to the timing of 5.7 freezing, my trepidation with messing with
5.8 at the time, I never redid the patch and tests. I don't have the
tuits now, just bumping it on the list and hijacking threads because
I'm so that way.

-Ashley