[Catalyst] Catalyst getting wrong path from Apache server-side includes

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sun Apr 18 23:06:10 GMT 2010

On 16 Apr 2010, at 04:49, Ashley wrote:

> It's a longshot that this is relevant to the problem but it is
> relevant to Engine::CGI and I needed an excuse to bring it up again.
> There is a long-standing bug in the prepare_path of
> Catalyst::Engine::CGI that wrecks certain kinds of apache path
> handling (and therefore uri_for) if the path contains regex chars.
>
>  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/dev/21380
>  http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=24951
>
> Due to the timing of 5.7 freezing, my trepidation with messing with
> 5.8 at the time, I never redid the patch and tests. I don't have the
> tuits now, just bumping it on the list and hijacking threads because
> I'm so that way.

No, that's cool..

That bug was resolved as I couldn't reproduce it in any way, and I
neglected to pay (enough)  attention to the the last paragraph :(

I can entirely see and reproduce the 2nd issue in that ticket, and I
have now fixed it:

http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/svnweb/Catalyst/revision/?rev=13166

Thanks for the (re-)report.

Cheers