[Catalyst] Alternatives to DBIx?

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Sat Apr 17 22:38:12 GMT 2010

Kiffin Gish wrote:
> I'd say that rather than spending time studying SQL::DB, which I found
> complicated and hard to tackle, you might as well invest the same time
> and energy anyway in figuring out DBIx::Class.

TBH if I really found the need for the DB to match up to objects, then
I'd use an Object Database, not a Relational one. The only real argument
for using a relational one instead, in that situation, is the
performance benefits. When you want top performance from a relational
database, you won't be using an ORM anyway.

Lyle