[Catalyst] Alternatives to DBIx?

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Sun Apr 18 02:31:09 GMT 2010

J. Shirley wrote:
> If your developers cost less than your servers, raw DBI is probably a
> quite adequate solution.  Glad someone is doing it, because I wouldn't
> touch those jobs

All depends. If you're product is to go to hundreds of customers, then
the cost of them all having to buy high end servers if much more than
the developer time. Plus a lot of them won't buy if it means a server
upgrade. Like I said it all depends on the what kind of websites you are
working on, or what your customers expect. There are lots of different
angles on these things.

Don't get me wrong, when I free lance I have to do Cat/DBIC/Whatever,
doesn't mean I enjoy or agree with it.

Lyle