[Catalyst] Alternatives to Catalyst ?

Lyle webmaster at cosmicperl.com
Fri Apr 23 17:27:21 GMT 2010

Kee Hinckley wrote:
> No argument there. I dearly wish the effort that had gone into Perl6 had gone into a Perl5 IDE and web framework with a single "best in class" set of options (with docs) to bring a new, non-perl, programmer up to a working web site the same way it's possible with Ruby. Elegance isn't worth a damn if nobody is using it.

Perl 6 was/is the right thing to do. We can't keep bolting modern things
onto Perl 5, it just causes more issues like the performance things
mentioned in the start of this thread.
I wish a lot of this "modern perl 5" effort had gone towards Perl 6...
But like Lars pointed out, that's not how it works with volunteer time.

I'm sure Perl 6 ports of Cat and Padre will follow it's release.

Lyle