[Catalyst] RunAfterRequest/delayed Catalyst view

Steve Kleiman steve at prodhub.com
Sun Apr 25 02:16:06 GMT 2010

Using Catalyst::Plugin::RunAfterRequest to handle some housekeeping after I've executed $c->detach. Works great, but...

What I'd really like to do is be able to dispatch an email from within the RunAfterRequest subroutine using Catalyst::View::Email. But when $c->forward( $c->view('Email::Template') ) is called, no email is sent.

I guess that makes sense that after ->detach is called, you can't forward to any views. Or maybe there's a way around that?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Steve Kleiman
steve at prodhub.com