[Catalyst] Alternatives to Catalyst ?

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 26 11:21:40 GMT 2010

On 26 April 2010 12:02, Ovid <publiustemp-catalyst at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

I take your point even though I am not in a team.

> This is a very common trap that many developers (even experienced ones) get caught up in.  Let's make *everything* faster and our app is faster.  A month of optimisation could easily result in no benefits because what developers think is slow rarely matches what *is* slow unless the developers have carefully profiled their application.
>
> The problem, as has been pointed out, is that ENCAPSULATION is so terribly, terribly important -- and almost always more important that micro-optimisation -- that throwing away the known, constant benefits of encapsulation for unknown, occasional benefits of micro-optimisation would be a very, very bad idea for the community in general.  It might be OK for you, but it's not OK for me.  Without encapsulation, it's much harder to trust the correctness of my app.

I don't want to break encapsulation and that was the point of the
question. Toby mentioned req->params->{} and that will be the method
I'll stick with. I simply want to try and use the methods that will
provide the most dividends and for that to become habitual.

Thanx,
Dp.