[Catalyst] Alternatives to Catalyst ?

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 20:51:03 GMT 2010

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Ben van Staveren
<benvanstaveren at gmail.com> wrote:

> Because if you are working with, say, 10 people on a team, and you will have
> everyone merrily doing direct hash accesses, sooner or later, someone's
> going to fuck it up and something will break in a spectacular > fashion.
>

> I take your point even though I am not in a team.
>

> Even if you're not, direct hash accessing is basically akin to juggling
> grenades. It might go right for a long time, but eventually the pin's going
> to come out and there will be a very messy BLAM.
>
> Even if it is code you just write for yourself, still doesn't hurt to make
> sure you avoid the BLAM bit :)

If using  ->params->{name} (i.e. the direct hash approach) is like
juggling grenades - then what is like using the ->param( 'name' ) way
of doing it?
I am asking this because your grenades analogy gives the impression
that you you are against doing direct hash access for every price -
but I think the general advice is that in this particular case using
the ->param( 'name' ) is worse than using the direct hash access.

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/