[Catalyst] Oddness with Catalyst::Plugin::Session::Store::DBIC

Matt S Trout mst at shadowcat.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 17:15:03 GMT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 10:58:58PM +0700, Ben van Staveren wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> >Check your plugin order; this doesn't normally happen because
> >Static::Simple
> >bypasses the loading of the session. If you've tried it both before and
> >after you load your session plugins, come back to us with the versions of
> >all the plugins you're loading and we'll dig further.
> >
> Current load order:
>
> use Catalyst qw/-Debug
>                ConfigLoader
>                Unicode
>                Compress
>                Authentication
>                Authorization::Roles
>                Session
>                Session::State::Cookie
>                Session::Store::DBIC
>                Static::Simple/;
>
> This makes the "weird" happen. If I move Static::Simple to right after
> ConfigLoader, it still happens. Seeing as it happens when things go on
> with Session (e.g. Session updating itself for expiry time), it seems
> that plugin load order has no effect, unless there's some weirdness
> happening with another of those modules.

Right after ConfigLoader ... shouldn't do that.

Honestly, the session shouldn't be UPDATEd at all in that case.

> Like I said though, for me it's not a big deal that this happens, now
> that I know what causes it, I'm not worried about this showing up on my
> app_server.pl output during development. For production DBIC_TRACE is
> forced off and Static::Simple is never loaded :)

Which is great. But a lot of users leave Static::Simple loaded, so while
it's not going to bother you it -will- bother them.

So, in the name of paying karma forwards, any chance I could have the
versions anyway please?

http://shadowcat.co.uk/blog/matt-s-trout/   http://twitter.com/shadowcat_mst/

Email me now on mst (at) shadowcat.co.uk and let's chat about how our Catalyst