[Catalyst] App breaks after updating to Catalyst::Plugin::Session::State::URI v0.14

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Thu Aug 19 15:47:13 GMT 2010

Good morning,

On 19/08/10 at 1:17 PM +0100, Ash Berlin 
<ash_cpan at firemirror.com> wrote:

>>    Caught exception in engine "Wrong Content-Length value: xxxx"
>I see this error occasionally when I restart a server and the 
>client is in the middle of a request and retries. Does this 
>error happen every time? Including once you close the browser 
>and using lwp-request etc.?

I've tested with different clients and different servers; the 
behavior is consistent. I upgrade to C::P::Session::State::URI 
v0.14 and the problem starts. I downgrade to 
C::P::Session::State::URI v0.13 and the problem goes away.

I failed to mention in my original message; the problem 
manifests with POST requests. I'm not sure whether GET requests 
are immune, but POST requests with size >0 will always fail.

At this point I don't know whether to approach this as bug with 
C::P::Session::State::URI or with my app. Or how to determine 
which it might be. I can dive into the debugger, but I was 
hoping someone with better knowledge of Catalyst internals might 
have some ideas where I should look first.


    Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garrison at zeta.org.au>

O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org
〠  http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt

More information about the Catalyst mailing list