[Catalyst] Please beta test new DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader(create=static)

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 09:56:21 GMT 2010

From: "Rafael Kitover" <rkitover at io.com>
> Release candidate for DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.05000 is now
> available as a dev release:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~rkitover/DBIx-Class-Schema-Loader-0.04999_14/
>
> The schemas it now generates are incompatible with the output of
> 0.04006, but there is an automatic backward compatibility mode.
>
> Please try it out to make sure it doesn't break your code.
>
> On running myapp_create.pl you will see the backcompat warnings.
>
> To upgrade (while preserving and rewriting your custom content) set the
> 'naming' and/or 'use_namespaces' attributes.

I have installed DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader 0.05001 and the latest
Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema and I have generated a new scheme (not updated
an older one).

I have tried to use InflateColumn::Markup::Unified and UTF8Columns
components, but the text from the UTF-8 columns is not encoded correctly.

After "# You can replace this text with custom content, and it will be
preserved on regeneration", I added the text below. Is it correct with the
new DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader, or there is a bug in the new module?

__PACKAGE__->load_components("InflateColumn::Markup::Unified",
"UTF8Columns");
__PACKAGE__->add_columns(
"answer", {
  data_type => "TEXT",
  default_value => undef,
  is_nullable => 1,
  size => 65535,
  is_markup => 1,
});
__PACKAGE__->utf8_columns(qw/domain question answer/);
1;

I have also tried to specify UTF8Columns component using
`components=UTF8Columns` parameter when I used the Catalyst DBIC::Schema
helper, but it gave the following warning:

Class::C3::Componentised::load_components(): Incorrect loading order of
DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns by BRK::Schema::Result::Aga will affect other
components overriding store_column (BRK::Schema::Result::Aga,
DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns). Refer to the documentation of
DBIx::Class::UTF8Columns for more info at
E:\web\BRK\lib/BRK/Schema/Result/Aga.pm line 11

Thanks.

Octavian