[Catalyst] catalyst and wordpress

Rodrigo rodrigolive at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:07:33 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Charles <cshtreck at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't want to implement code for a blog. What's the easiest way to
> incorporate wordpress on my site under my single  catalyst instance .
> I'm going to download the wordpress code and not have it hosted elsewhere.
>
> I'd like to have the blog like mydomainname.com/blog . I've got a
> root/static/images dir currently where my images live and the
> mydomainname.com/static/images/foo.jpg is all visible . I would think that
> the blog code could go in the static dir but doesn't seem to just work out
> of the box.
>
> Any hlp apprec as always.
>
> I'm running catalyst-runtime 5.7014 .
>
> -C

Catalyst is a Perl engine, Wordpress is a PHP application. I suppose you
have a webserver as a frontend to your Catalyst instance. How about if you
route the /blog path in your webserver (say, Apache) to your Wordpress home
directory? Then setup PHP to run .php flies, etc, as per Wordpress
installation instructions.

-rodrigo