[Catalyst] Inconsistent hierarchy during C3 merge of class
avalder at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 17:55:20 GMT 2010
On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:
> Al Alder wrote:
>> Using Catalyst 5.80020
>> When running CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 prove -l t/01app.t
>> per 'The Definitive Guide To Catalyst' page 76 I get:
>> LolCatalyst-Lite > CATALYST_DEBUG=3D0 prove -l t/01app.t
>> t/01app.t .. 1/1
>> # Failed test 'use Catalyst::Test;'
>> # at t/01app.t line 7.
>> # Tried to use 'Catalyst::Test'.
>> # Error: Couldn't =
>> class (LolCatalyst::Lite) because: Inconsistent hierarchy during C3 merg=
>> class 'Class::MOP::Class::__ANON__::SERIAL::9': merging failed on parent
>> 'Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication' at /usr/share/perl/5.10/mro.pm <
>> http://mro.pm> line 26. # Compilation failed
>> in require at /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Class/MOP.pm line 101.
>> # at
>> /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0/Class/MOP.pm line 105
>> Google search turns up the fact that older versions of Catalyst had this
>> problem, but this has been fixed in
>> the latest versions. I have checked and all modules versions appear to =
>> the latest.
> This is due to an old versions of one of the plugins you have in your
> At a guess, one of the FastMMap ones.
> If you run the Catalyst::Runtime Makefile.PL manually, it will tell you
> which module(s) are out of date.
> If this still doesn't solve the issue, can you show us your use Catalyst
> qw// line (the one with all the plugins), and give the version of each
> plugin you have installed?
> List: Catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk
> Listinfo: http://lists.scsys.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/catalyst
> Searchable archive:
> Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/
Ran Makefile.PL for Catalyst::Runtime no modules are reported as old. Using
o command in cpanplus shows only the following modules not up to date:
CPAN Terminal> o
1 0.24 0.2702 ExtUtils::CBuilder
2 1.221 1.222 Glib TSCH
3 Unparsable 0.009 ModPerl::MethodLookup GOZER
4 1.22 1.221 Pango TSCH
Which none of the above appear to be related to Catalyst.
I also installed the Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader-Environment-0.06_01,
thinking this might
help, but I get the same error.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Below is the Makefile.PL output:
Catalyst-Runtime-5.80020 > sudo perl Makefile.PL
Subroutine author_requires redefined at inc/Module/Install/AuthorRequires.pm
Subroutine check_conflicts redefined at inc/Module/Install/CheckConflicts.pm
*** Module::AutoInstall version
*** Checking for Perl
- Class::Data::Inheritable ...loaded.
- Test::Exception ...loaded.
- Test::More ...loaded. (0.94 >=3D
- List::MoreUtils ...loaded.
- namespace::autoclean ...loaded. (0.09 >=3D
- namespace::clean ...loaded. (0.13 >=3D
- B::Hooks::EndOfScope ...loaded. (0.08 >=3D
- MooseX::Emulate::Class::Accessor::Fast ...loaded. (0.00903 >=3D
- Class::MOP ...loaded. (0.98 >=3D
- Moose ...loaded. (0.98 >=3D
- MooseX::MethodAttributes::Inheritable ...loaded. (0.20 >=3D
- MooseX::Role::WithOverloading ...loaded. (0.05 >=3D
- Carp ...loaded.
- Class::C3::Adopt::NEXT ...loaded. (0.12 >=3D
- CGI::Simple::Cookie ...loaded.
- Data::Dump ...loaded.
- HTML::Entities ...loaded.
- HTTP::Body ...loaded. (1.07 >=3D
- HTTP::Headers ...loaded. (5.827 >=3D
- HTTP::Request ...loaded. (5.827 >=3D
- HTTP::Response ...loaded. (5.824 >=3D
- HTTP::Request::AsCGI ...loaded. (1.2 >=3D 1.0)
- LWP::UserAgent ...loaded. (5.834)
- Module::Pluggable ...loaded. (3.9 >=3D 3.9)
- Path::Class ...loaded. (0.18 >=3D 0.09)
- Scalar::Util ...loaded. (1.22)
- Sub::Exporter ...loaded. (0.982)
- Text::SimpleTable ...loaded. (2.0 >=3D 0.03)
- Time::HiRes ...loaded. (1.972)
- Tree::Simple ...loaded. (1.18 >=3D 1.15)
- Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath ...loaded. (0.03)
- URI ...loaded. (1.52 >=3D 1.35)
- Task::Weaken ...loaded. (1.03)
- Text::Balanced ...loaded. (2.02)
- MRO::Compat ...loaded. (0.11)
- MooseX::Getopt ...loaded. (0.26 >=3D 0.25)
- MooseX::Types ...loaded. (0.21)
- MooseX::Types::Common::Numeric ...loaded. (0.001001)
- String::RewritePrefix ...loaded. (0.005 >=3D 0.004)
*** Module::AutoInstall configuration finished.
Writing Makefile for Catalyst::Runtime
This library is for running Catalyst applications.
For development and use of catalyst.pl and myapp_create.pl, make sure
you also install the development tools package Catalyst::Devel.
perl -MCPANPLUS -e 'install Catalyst::Devel' # or
perl -MCPAN -e 'install Catalyst::Devel'
To get some commonly used plugins, as well as the TT view and DBIC
model, install Task::Catalyst in the same way.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Catalyst