[Catalyst] CatalystX::CRUD::Tutorial...looking for missing pieces.

Adam Mackler nabble at mackler.org
Tue Jan 5 17:05:26 GMT 2010

Hello everyone.  I'm relatively new to Catalyst, and could spend many
hours asking questions of experts.  For the moment, this is the wall
I've hit:

Without going into too much background, I want to get CatalystX::CRUD
implemented.  I feel that if I can just get a working example going I
can make my own project work.  There is a tutorial,
CatalystX::CRUD::Tutorial.  It's a good start, but hasn't been enough
for me.  In particular there's a line in the docs: "Assuming you have
created a View and some templates, you can now search, browse, create,
read, update and delete all your Album and Song data."

I made a View, and I made some templates.  Obviously I'm still missing
stuff, because I'm not yet searching, browsing, creating or reading
the tutorial database data.  For example, a submit button on the forms
I assume should be added to the tutorial example Forms.  My first
guess put the button on the form, but hitting it just reloads the
page.  And that's where I am: guessing, experimenting, reading,
reading, experimenting, reading.

It would be really great if there were a working example I could look
at--or even just the missing pieces from the
CatalystX::CRUD::Tutorial.  I figure that if there's anyone who knows
what I want to know, this is the best place to look.

Many thanks in advance!

Adam