[Catalyst] Enabling debug mode with fastcgi..

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jan 19 10:45:28 GMT 2010

On 19 Jan 2010, at 00:26, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> As I said, I've tried the -e (same as -keeperr) options in
> combination with the *_DEBUG environment variables.

That should (and does) work here..

> (The front-end apache servers aren't logging any catalyst debug
> output anywhere; possibly this is a config error there, or possibly
> intentional on the part of sysadmins - however either way it's not
> something I'm about to change.)

Yeah, that's got to be config of some sort, Catalyst does log down the
fcgi socket by default..

> For what it's worth, or anyone reading this in the archives in the
> future - this is still on Catalyst Runtime 5.8.16.
> (.17 was busted, .18 doesn't work out of the box in our environment
> due to some of the changes and so isn't
> considered production ready by us just yet.)

I don't see a bug report for this anywhere? Did I miss it?

> So I'm not sure if the new Cat ScriptRunner code will have fixed the
> issue there.

It fixed the short options for scripts, but that's the only change
which has been made.

It hasn't (at any point) changed the environment variable handling for
debug.

Cheers
t0m