[Catalyst] "Fat Model" Methodology?

Hans Dieter Pearcey hdp.perl.catalyst.users at weftsoar.net
Thu Jan 21 17:53:29 GMT 2010

Excerpts from Jeff Albert's message of Thu Jan 21 12:37:41 -0500 2010:
> should I create a separate 'application object' model which brokers requests
> from the Controllers and uses the DBIC model to implement them if they fit the
> application's logic?

I'm a big fan of this; when your application gets complex enough, trying to do
everything in the ORM classes can lead you down the path of a lot of class
methods and complex hash/array data structures.

High-level abstractions that arise out of the interactions of your DB classes
deserve their own classes.

(If your application *isn't* complex enough, this can be pretty clunky, so it's
not a trivial decision.)

hdp.