[Catalyst] UTF-8 and mails

Jens Schwarz blacky6767 at gmx.de
Mon Jan 25 14:10:11 GMT 2010

Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 13:52:45 +0100
> Von: Alexander Hartmaier <alexander.hartmaier at t-systems.at>
> An: The elegant MVC web framework <catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk>
> Betreff: Re: [Catalyst] UTF-8 and mails

> Before testing end-to-end figure out if the chars from your database are
> *really* utf-8.
> I forgot to set an env var for the oracle client library to tell it I
> want unicode which broke my app under fcgid.
>
> If you're using DBIx::Class to access your database see
> http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=736234.

If I set mysql_enable_utf8 (I guess that's what you're referring to), it does not change anything. Beside: http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/tutorialsandhowtos/Using_Unicode#Note states that this flag is "experimental and may change in future versions" so I tried to avoid it.

Any other ideas?
Thanks.
--
Nur noch bis 31.01.2010: DSL-Komplettpaket für 16,99 Euro/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02