[Catalyst] C::A::Store::LDAP and multiple UID attributes

Peter Karman peter at peknet.com
Tue Jan 26 02:22:59 GMT 2010

There are 3 open RTs against Store::LDAP:

All three are about the same issue, which is multiple UID attributes on a single
LDAP entry breaking role lookups.

I'm the current maintainer of the module but am unsure at this point what the
best way to address the issue is. I'm inclined to simply update the POD to
include a caveat about assuming one uid per LDAP entry, which is the
*convention* with the POSIX schema even if the schema does not *require* it.
OTOH, it might be a legitimate feature request to support multiple UIDs in a
single entry, in which case I'll have to put on my thinking cap about how best
to fix it.

I'm soliciting feedback here from other devs and users of the LDAP auth stuff.

Peter Karman  .  http://peknet.com/  .  peter at peknet.com