[Catalyst] Q: CatalystX::SimpleLogin

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jan 27 21:57:25 GMT 2010

On 27 Jan 2010, at 12:06, Bernhard Graf wrote:

> I have two questions about CX::SimpleLogin:
>
> 1. Is there a "simple" way to change the settings for
>   "redirect_after_login_uri" and "redirect_after_logout_uri" ?

The 'redirect_after_logout_uri' is just a method, so you can write a
method yourself to override it, but then you need code, not config.

I have to admit that I'm subclassing the login controller and
overriding things myself in my less trivial apps :)

I just pushed 77da24b to the git repository to make
redirect_after_logout_ur configureable, and 5cfa0e2 does the same for
redirect_after_login_uri, assuming you're _removing_ the WithRedirect
trait.

> 2. Why is the redirect code outsourced into a role
>   (CX:S::TraitFor::Controller::Login::WithRedirect) when
>   Catalyst::ActionRole::NeedsLogin errors without it?

Good question. The answer is it shouldn't be. Fixed in b512d4e.

I've got a couple of other bits to do later tonight or tomorrow, then
I'll get a new release out.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Cheers
t0m