[Catalyst] view error - file error - MyApp_Model_MyApp_Team: not found

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Wed Jun 23 06:37:27 GMT 2010

Curiouser and curiouser.

The View class (TTSite) contains only __PACKAGE__->config, so there's not
much to debug there.

Comparing dump_info for situations where it works vs. doesn't work shows
that one stash variable is different, and it's just something that's used in
a .tt2 file for display.

So there's...

Waitaminit -- in that .tt2 file we were trying to implement recursive TT
views via perlmonks.org/?node_id=3D570059 and after taking that out, all is
well. SOLVED!

Thanks for the dump_info tip, very nice!

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 5:42 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> On 22 Jun 2010, at 21:15, will at serensoft.com wrote:
>
>> "Here's the error message, on the off-chance that it means something to
>> you: view error - file error - MyApp_Model_MyApp_Team: not found"
>>
>>  <snip>
>

>  Any suggestions on how to track down what might cause a VIEW ERROR like
>> this?
>>

> I would very much guess that something is stamping on $c->stash->{templat=
e}
> (or just setting is so that it isn't being automatically determined).
>
> Dump an error page (with ?dump_info=3D1) from each of them and check if t=
hat
> stash variable is defined (and what it's set to) in each case?
>
> If you're manually setting the template yourself (rather than letting your
> view do it for you) then Value::Canary may be handy to find out where it's
> being stamped on from. Otherwise attacking your view class with some
> debugging to find out how it's working out the template name (and why it's
> getting it wrong) is probably the way to go.
>
> Cheers
> t0m

> Searchable archive:

-- =

will trillich
"I think it would be worse to expect nothing than to be disappointed." --
Anne (with an 'e') Shirley