[Catalyst] view error - file error - MyApp_Model_MyApp_Team: not found

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Tue Jun 22 22:42:57 GMT 2010

On 22 Jun 2010, at 21:15, will at serensoft.com wrote:
> "Here's the error message, on the off-chance that it means something
> to you: view error - file error - MyApp_Model_MyApp_Team: not found"

<snip>

> Any suggestions on how to track down what might cause a VIEW ERROR
> like this?

I would very much guess that something is stamping on $c->stash-
 >{template} (or just setting is so that it isn't being automatically
determined).

Dump an error page (with ?dump_info=1) from each of them and check if
that stash variable is defined (and what it's set to) in each case?

If you're manually setting the template yourself (rather than letting
your view do it for you) then Value::Canary may be handy to find out
where it's being stamped on from. Otherwise attacking your view class
with some debugging to find out how it's working out the template name
(and why it's getting it wrong) is probably the way to go.

Cheers
t0m