[Catalyst] What's the recommended EMAIL portion of the Catalyst framework, these days?

will at serensoft.com will at serensoft.com
Wed Jun 23 14:34:54 GMT 2010

Googling around the 'net we find all kinds of different advice about which
packages to use for Emailing from Catalyst, each with a different timestamp
and lots of recommendations about how other modules are deprecated...

Catalyst::Plugin::Email?
Catalyst::View::Email?
MIME::Lite?
Email::Sender::Simple?
Email::Stuff?
...other?

So we thought we'd ask the list: which module is modern and recommended
enough to use for Emailing via Catalyst?

Basically after a trouble-ticked is opened/created we want to send an email
alerting appropriate folks to that fact...

Thanks!

-- =

will trillich
"I think it would be worse to expect nothing than to be disappointed." --
Anne (with an 'e') Shirley