[Catalyst] HTML editor plugin

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 12:53:03 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Paul Falbe <paul at cassens.com> wrote:
> Tobias,
> So, are you doing something like
> <script type="text/javascript" src="/jscripts/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js"></script>

Exactly! We don't use FormBuilder but here's a short excerpt from our
TT template which uses TinyMCE:

$(function() {
  $('textarea.wysiwyg').tinymce( {
    script_url : '[% site.url.static %]js/tiny_mce/tiny_mce.js',
    mode : "specific_textareas",
    theme : "advanced",
  } );
} );

This turns all <textarea class="wysiwyg"></textarea> fields into
TinyMCE-editors once the page is loaded.

Please note that we're using the jQuery build of TinyMCE as that's our
main JS lib. Because this is not related to Catalyst in any direct
way, I suggest you try asking on the TinyMCE mailing list if you need
any further help.

> or just putting the actual code of tiny_mce.js into the formbuilder form?

Don't do this!

> Aso, are you developing hooks to upload images also?  If so I'd like to see that if possible.

We have a separate process for uploading images (media library) which
has got nothing to do with TinyMCE. Of course, those images can later
be used from within the TinyMCE-enabled textarea.

--Tobias