[Catalyst] KiokuDB, MongoDB and the NoSQL thing

Darren Duncan darren at darrenduncan.net
Thu Mar 4 23:38:12 GMT 2010

Here's something timely on Ars, in that I just discovered it now around the time
of this discussion thread:

http://arstechnica.com/business/data-centers/2010/02/-since-the-rise-of.ars

It lays out a summary of how the SQL and NoSQL worlds compare, and what sort of
trade-offs you get for each choice, and it introduces several specific NoSQL
projects.  I also learned something, such that what CouchDB and MongoDB
specifically represent data with is JSON documents.

So basically, what you pick out of today's choices depends on your priorities.

-- Darren Duncan