[Catalyst] Which C::View::PDF should I use?

Kieren Diment diment at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 03:40:21 GMT 2010

On 06/03/2010, at 2:13 PM, Charlie Garrison wrote:

> On 5/03/10 at 11:15 AM +0100, Felix Antonius Wilhelm Ostmann <ostmann at websuche.de> wrote:
>
>> We use simple View::TT and then a Filter:
>> [%- USE Latex; FILTER latex("pdf") -%]
>
> Can anyone advise how long the learning curve is for latex (for basic usage)? Would I be better off spending my time learning that?

Depends how specific your layout requirements are and the kind of document you want to produce.  LaTeX is pretty straightforward really, but you don't really have the fine grained control that other document formats have, so if you have exotic layout requirements it's going to be annoying.

http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/~zrajm/nerd/LaTeX/quickguide.html is a good enough start.  You don't need to know all of that.