[Catalyst] Which C::View::PDF should I use?

Steve Kleiman steve at prodhub.com
Sun Mar 14 16:01:57 GMT 2010

I've been using iText (http://itextpdf.com/) after using PDF::API2 for years. API2 hasn't grown and even once you know it, it's tricky to use. The community is inactive.

iText is Java and the community is vibrant. I'll have my Catalyst app assemble a whole bunch of data and ship it to iText as a JSON object (iText reads XML, too). Then I have a program I wrote in Java suck in the JSON and render the PDF. It's way faster than Perl and there's all sorts of handy features that make doc generation easier.

-steve