[Catalyst] GSoC

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Sat Mar 27 21:33:28 GMT 2010

On 27 Mar 2010, at 06:10, Caleb Cushing wrote:

> so unless I get a job offer before applications go live I'm interested
> in working on the context/app split issue as I think it's important.
> Just thought I'd mention it on the list if anyone wants to discuss it.

I for one would be happy to support you working on this. :)

However, as a mild warning, most of the 'easy' stuff here is done (and
working) in a branch (zby++).

There is, however, a lot of 'fun' (assuming you have the twisted
definition of 'fun' that mst and I share which includes writing back
compat code) until it would be in any way in a releasable state, but
there was/is a reasonably firm plan for how to achieve a reasonable
level of compatibility which I'd be happy to brief you on (so that we
can get some specifics written down).

IIRC, students need to write an individual proposal up of some form.
Can you look into what's actually required of you, and get to work
knocking one up, then highlight potential/registered mentors for
technical input and people in the doc team for copy editing?

I guess you'll be able to do a reasonable amount of the boilerplate
trivially, and we'll catch up in the next few days with various people
for opinions / thoughts on the technical bits to get a coherent plan
(of the scope, and strategy) together.

Well volunteered!

Thanks
t0m