[Catalyst] GSoC

Caleb Cushing xenoterracide at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:17:00 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

> However, as a mild warning, most of the 'easy' stuff here is done (and working) in a branch (zby++).

to be an ignoramous where is this branch? I suspected runtime... but
my git-svn checkout doesn't show one of that name. maybe it didn't
grab it for some reason?

> There is, however, a lot of 'fun' (assuming you have the twisted definition of 'fun' that mst and I share which includes writing back compat code) until it would be in any way in a releasable state, but there was/is a reasonably firm plan for how to achieve a reasonable level of compatibility which I'd be happy to brief you on (so that we can get some specifics written down).
>
> IIRC, students need to write an individual proposal up of some form. Can you look into what's actually required of you, and get to work knocking one up, then highlight potential/registered mentors for technical input and people in the doc team for copy editing?

working on it now that it's available to do.

http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/private/google/gsoc2010/xenoterracide/t126990737897

have a few things I've marked TBD because I'm not sure what to put at
this instant. I'm sure other things could be improved too. perhaps I
suck at writing proposal's.

> I guess you'll be able to do a reasonable amount of the boilerplate trivially, and we'll catch up in the next few days with various people for opinions / thoughts on the technical bits to get a coherent plan (of the scope, and strategy) together.

alright. I should be around all week.
--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.blogspot.com