[Catalyst] GSoC

Florian Ragwitz rafl at debian.org
Tue Mar 30 00:24:03 GMT 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 08:17:00PM -0400, Caleb Cushing wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:
> >
> > However, as a mild warning, most of the 'easy' stuff here is done (and working) in a branch (zby++).
>
> to be an ignoramous where is this branch? I suspected runtime... but
> my git-svn checkout doesn't show one of that name. maybe it didn't
> grab it for some reason?

  basic-app-ctx-separation
  basic-app-ctx-separation-cleaned
  basic-app-ctx-separation-cleaned-appnotcomponent

are the related branches

> > IIRC, students need to write an individual proposal up of some form.
> > Can you look into what's actually required of you, and get to work
> > knocking one up, then highlight potential/registered mentors for
> > technical input and people in the doc team for copy editing?
>
> working on it now that it's available to do.
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_proposal/private/google/gsoc2010/xenoterracide/t126990737897

No need to announce that on the public list. Only the prospective
mentors will be able to view it anyway.

> have a few things I've marked TBD because I'm not sure what to put at
> this instant. I'm sure other things could be improved too. perhaps I
> suck at writing proposal's.

No worries. You can always edit your proposal until the submission
deadline arrives, but it'd probably be good to let the mentors know when
you think you're done, for example by commenting on your own proposal,
so the mentors can start giving actual feedback.

--
BOFH excuse #53:
Little hamster in running wheel had coronary; waiting for replacement to