[Catalyst] "Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication uses NEXT, which is deprecated."

Florian Ragwitz rafl at debian.org
Mon May 10 00:01:54 GMT 2010

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 04:49:21PM -0700, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> I'm puzzled with this warning since there's nothing I can see in the
> docs of the latest version that suggests we should be using another
> module (cf. Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::DBIC which is
> very clear). What's the story here? What's the best course of action
> for Catalyst authentication?

Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication is what people are supposed to be
using. It's not deprecated or anything.

Also, the latest version of it doesn't use NEXT. If you made sure you
really have the latest version installed, my guess would be that there's
an older installed version somewhere else in @INC, shadowing the new
one.

Running perl -MV=Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication will tell.

--
BOFH excuse #384:
it's an ID-10-T error