[Catalyst] REST Controller + ajax(jquery) with file upload

Moritz Onken onken at houseofdesign.de
Tue May 18 11:47:46 GMT 2010

Am 18.05.2010 um 17:47 schrieb David Schmidt:

> ps: I want my websites to be able to work with and without js. How can
> I achieve this without increasing the complexity of my code too much.
> (I vaguely remember this was really easy in RoR)

Your approach seems perfectly reasonable. To make your REST interface
work with browser have a look at
http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst::TraitFor::Request::REST::ForBrowsers

Simply add a hidden form element with the name x-tunneled-method and the
http method as value to tunnel the request as the desired http method.

cheers,
mo