[Catalyst] DBIC connecting to remote MySQL

Dan dan at entropy.homelinux.org
Sun May 23 14:02:33 GMT 2010

Hi Ben. Thanks for the response.

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 20:44 +0700, Ben van Staveren wrote:

> > dan at sabayon:~/src/EasySaver$ script/easysaver_create.pl model ESDB
> > DBIC::Schema EasySaver dbi:mysql:EasySaver:archeopteryx 'username'
> > 'password' '{ AutoCommit => 1 }'
> >

> The above won't work because you tell it your schema is 'EasySaver.pm' -
> which is your main app file, so it's never created.
>
> Try this and look at lib/EasySaver/Schema.pm
>
> script/easysaver_create.pl model ESDB DBIC::Schema EasySaver::Schema
> dbi:mysql:EasySaver:archeopteryx 'user' 'pass' '{ AutoCommit => 1 }'

We're getting closer now. Now I get an error that EasySaver::Schema
isn't found ... and the above didn't create it :(

Tomorrow I'm going to use openssh to forward MySQL traffic from
localhost to the database server, and retry, in the hope that the
Schema.pm file isn't being generated because my connection string is
slightly wrong with respect to defining the server name.

Thanks for your help ( and everyone else who has responded ).

Now I'm going to bed.

Dan