[Catalyst] Message Queue Options

James Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Fri Nov 5 14:50:42 GMT 2010

I was wondering what people's opinions are on the various messaging/logging
queues available.  I know this subject has come up before, but things
change, so another discussion is probably worthwhile.

We're considering the following solutions for a new production we are
working on:

 - scribe
 - rabbitmq
 - gearman
 - beanstalkd
 - TheSchwartz

Ideally it would be something we could use for both stats aggregation and
also job queuing.  Also, we may have a mix a different languages in the
product, so I'm actually not sure if TheSchwartz would work for us since it
is (I believe) Perl only.

Thanks!
Jim