[Catalyst] Catalyst and FormBuilder vs. IExplorer 8

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Wed Oct 6 13:27:53 GMT 2010

The FormBuilder/Catalyst -generated HTML works just fine in Chrome and in
Firefox, so debugging there isn't useful. It also works fine in older
Internet Explorers. :( I was hoping someone has already run into this
FormBuilder-snag-with-IE8 and found an elegant fix...

And the "return validate_incident(this)" code is generated via FormBuilder,
that's why I was asking the list, hoping someone else here has run into this
and found a workaround.

We do have other DHTML javascript on the page (e.g. click to dynamically add
another upload-field) so Javascript and JQuery are working. IE8 has
apparently been tweaked enough that it doesn't recognize the object in that
context...?

Any ideas?