[Catalyst] Catalyst and FormBuilder vs. IExplorer 8

Toby Corkindale toby.corkindale at strategicdata.com.au
Wed Oct 6 06:13:40 GMT 2010

On 06/10/10 14:00, will trillich wrote:
> Short version: Catalyst/Formbuilder uploads work fine in firefox and
> chrome, works fine in IE 6... but not IE 8, where it throws an "object
> expected" error.

Ugh, I hit this a little while ago, but have forgotten the details already.
I think you are looking in the right direction with the "this" though;
try validating it in your function to ensure it contains what you're
expecting perhaps?

Also, can you verify that jquery is actually getting loaded OK?

ie. In your document, put something like:
  $(function() { alert("jquery has loaded!"); });

and check to see that you get an alert box when you load the page. If
not, fire up Chrome's developer tools, or Firefox's Firebug, and see
they mention any warnings or errors.

-Toby