[Catalyst] Has anyone read the book "Catalyst 5.8 : The Perl MVC Framework" yet?

John Karr brainbuz at brainbuz.org
Mon Oct 25 00:23:04 GMT 2010

It came out just as I was trying to learn catalyst. From a beginner
perspective it wasn't of any value -- thankfully Kennedy Clark has been
doing an excellent job with the Tutorial on CPAN, because that's how I
figured most things out. I was severely disappointed with the book, and not
the least concerned with LOLCats and Kitty Pidgin. The people who wrote the
book are a very knowledgeable group and sometimes their book works as a
reference, but overall doesn't seem add a lot to what's already in the
documentation, while being of no value to beginners whatsoever.

It would be nice to have a good beginner book and a more advanced book. If
any of the more advanced programmers on this list would like someone to help
with writing the beginner book, don't hesitate to get in touch!