[Catalyst] Working with project configuration file outside of Catalyst directory

Leandro Hermida softdev at leandrohermida.com
Wed Sep 1 16:49:03 GMT 2010

Dear all,

My apologies if I haven't seen the post with the answer, I've looked
all over and get explanations for not exactly the same thing. I have a
big project of which the Catalyst application is only a part.  I want
a master configuration file for the project which has configuration of
things independent of Catalyst (e.g. the database connection and
related info) and of course this configuration file lives outside of
the Catalyst application directory.  Catalyst will have its
configuration file in the application directory e.g. my_app.conf and
this file with have only configuration related to Catalyst and I
Catalyst to be able to draw from the master project configuration file
outside to get for example onfiguration for connecting to the database
because this shouldn't be in my_app.conf.

Configuration shouldn't be anywhere twice and project code outside the
Catalyst sub-project shouldn't have any knowledge of Catalyst at all
and shouldn't go get configuration inside Catalyst, it should be the
other way around (the only explanations I've seen take the former
approach).  Is there a way to do this?

best,
Leandro