[Catalyst] Remote authN not getting username from remote_user()

Trevor Leffler tleffler at uw.edu
Mon Sep 27 22:33:01 GMT 2010

Update:

The issue I'm seeing lies with Catalyst-Engine-Apache, which has not
seen updates since Feb 2008.  Since that time, Catalyst::Request has
added remote_user() to its API with the expectation that the various
engines would use that over the deprecated user() method.  This leads to
a code path where $c->req->can('remote_user') will eval true, but always
return 'undef' under the Apache engine, which is exactly what's going on
with the Remote authN credential module.

So, I've opened bugs under C::E::Apache with patch files that fix this
issue as well as fix broken tests and minimally bring the code up to
date with more current C::Runtime standards.

https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Catalyst-Engine-Apache

Cheers,
--Trevor