[Catalyst] Re: Returning to referer - which action to take?

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Tue Sep 28 21:09:49 GMT 2010

* Ekki Plicht (DF4OR) <ep at plicht.de> [2010-09-26 23:50]:
> Am Sonntag 26 September 2010, 23:05:51 schrieb Octavian Rasnita:
> > For example, you can have urls like:
> >
> > www.site.com/en/dir1/dir2 www.site.com/ro/dir1/dir2
>
> Hm, I don't like URLs like that very much, but your later
> argument, that SEs wouldn't know which language to index when
> the pages have the same URL is convincing. I didn't think of
> that. Thanks.
>
> I will look at the links you provided.

Another advantage of putting the language in the URI is that if
you want to refer to a specific language version of the page, you
can use that link.

Another is that you do not need to keep any session data. You can
implement the “select language” functionality by putting
“[English] [German] [French]” etc links somewhere at the top
right of the page that simply link to the other-language versions
of the same page – and simply by clicking on one of them, the
user has “changed” their “session”.

Ultimately you should not need any session storage for anything.

Regards,