[Catalyst] GD

Eric Wright ewright at linescale.com
Thu Apr 21 00:57:04 GMT 2011

Hi,

Yes it happens via scripts/myapp_server.pl and via FastCGI in Apache.
Very perplexing.

I've tested this on both CentOS 5.4 and Mac OS 10.6.7 and have
observed the same behavior.

Catalyst 5.80025
GD 2.45
libgd 2.033 (on CentOS)
libgd 2.034 (on Mac OS)

On the Mac I had installed GD as bundled with PHP for another set of
projects. When I compiled Perl and CPAN installed GD.pm it found the
libraries and everything just worked until I started using it with
Catalyst. On CentOS I installed libgd through yum.

Regards,
Eric