[Catalyst] Open Source CMS

Peter Edwards peter at dragonstaff.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 04:22:47 GMT 2011

Alfresco leaks memory in practice.
Drupal is a better bet.

There are plenty of other CMS choices for small simple sites - I used CMS
Made Simple a few years back as it had a lot of self-service plugins you
could install through the admin UI, used Smarty templates, decently
separated CSS themes and a sane pluggable module approach that made it easy
to write extensions. I run DTC control panel on AWS and integrated a perl
script so customers can set up new sites on the fly.

Check out the Wikipedia page that compares features of CMSes.
A hosted software as service may be the best fit for you.

Regards, Peter
http://perl.dragonstaff.co.uk