[Catalyst] Open Source CMS

Mike Raynham catalyst at mikeraynham.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 06:42:35 GMT 2011

On 29/04/11 05:22, Peter Edwards wrote:
> Alfresco leaks memory in practice.
> Drupal is a better bet.
>
> There are plenty of other CMS choices for small simple sites - I used
> CMS Made Simple a few years back as it had a lot of self-service plugins
> you could install through the admin UI, used Smarty templates, decently
> separated CSS themes and a sane pluggable module approach that made it
> easy to write extensions. I run DTC control panel on AWS and integrated
> a perl script so customers can set up new sites on the fly.
>
> Check out the Wikipedia page that compares features of CMSes.
> A hosted software as service may be the best fit for you.
>
> Regards, Peter
> http://perl.dragonstaff.co.uk

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the recommendations.  I like the look of CMS made simple, and
will definitely download and test it.  I've used Smarty for quite a few
websites, so that's a bonus.

I've been using the Wikipedia page, but with so many systems available,
it's a very time consuming job reading about each system and trying it
out.  It's good to narrow the selection down first with the help of a
few recommendations.

Regards,

Mike