[Catalyst] Open Source CMS

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:54:34 GMT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Mike Raynham
<catalyst at mikeraynham.co.uk> wrote:
> I've started to look into some of these systems, including Drupal and
> Bricolage.  For my sins, I have spent a lot of time working with PHP, so
> whilst I'd prefer a Perl framework, using a PHP system wouldn't really be a
> problem.

I believe your best bet is to use a CMS that outputs static content,
which may or may not contain TT/Mason/whatever code and then gets
eval'd in your Catalyst view. That way you can combine the static
content performance with dynamic parts that are rendered on-the-fly
(like latest/hottest articles, etc.). Similar to having a CMS output
snippets of PHP code that are then executed by the PHP interpreter on
delivery.

Bricolage is really awesome, but its small (although very helpful)
community made me feel uncomfortable.

--Tobias