[Catalyst] Open Source CMS

Mike Raynham catalyst at mikeraynham.co.uk
Fri Apr 29 10:25:32 GMT 2011

On 29/04/11 10:54, Tobias Kremer wrote:

> I believe your best bet is to use a CMS that outputs static content,
> which may or may not contain TT/Mason/whatever code and then gets
> eval'd in your Catalyst view. That way you can combine the static
> content performance with dynamic parts that are rendered on-the-fly
> (like latest/hottest articles, etc.). Similar to having a CMS output
> snippets of PHP code that are then executed by the PHP interpreter on
> delivery.
>
> Bricolage is really awesome, but its small (although very helpful)
> community made me feel uncomfortable.
>
> --Tobias

Hi Tobias,

That's an interesting idea.  One of the things that drew me to Movable
Type was its ability to publish static content.  I'm going to try again
with MT, hopefully with Plack and Nginx, and see if I can overcome
whatever the problem was that I had last time.

I'm building a few images on VirtualBox, and will set up each with a
different CMS.  Updating my own site is one possible test, but I also
have an old static customer's site that needs a CMS.  That's looking
like a good test candidate too.  It has plenty of custom bits that could
trip up some CMSs.

I'm also wary of Bricolage, but I suppose I should give it a try.  It
appears to have started with good intentions, and had a reasonable
success rate - but then faded away again.

Regards,

Mike