[Catalyst] fastcgi process is pegging CPU

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Fri Dec 2 01:18:08 GMT 2011

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 8:01 PM, Robert Dormer <rdormer at myartplot.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have lighttpd serving traffic from a fastcgi script (generated with
> xxx_create command).  Apropos of nothing, the fastcgi script has started =
> consume almost all of the available CPU, and the site now runs dog slow.
>  I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this would be happening, and I've check=
ed
> for obvious problems like redirect loops or strange links in the
> filesystem.  Can anyone help me out with what might be the problem, or at
> the very least, where to look?
>
>  run

strace -ppid

where pid is the pid of the fastcgi process, and drink from the fire hose.
There's also a -ofile switch for when you get tired of watching it scroll
and want to capture some to read at a human pace.

Len.
-- =

lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com   614-404-4214
Proprietor: http://www.theycomewithcheese.com/ - An Homage to Fromage