[Catalyst] Single-domain multi-shop, multi-gateway; linked to the one shopping-cart

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 08:07:08 GMT 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 6:15 AM, Denny <2011 at denny.me> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 02:38 +1100, Alec Taylor wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>
>> How would I go about integrating/developing a multi-levelled
>> meta-shopping-cart using Catalyst?
>>
>> [ ... ]
>>
>> Thanks for all suggestions,
>

> On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 15:53 +1100, Alec Taylor wrote:
>> Good afternoon,
>>
>> How would I go about building a single-domain multi-shop with
>> multiple-gateways; linked to the one shopping-cart; using Catalyst?
>>
>> Thanks for all suggestions,
>

> Hi Alec,
>
> My suggestion is that you should probably take the following approach:
> 1. Design the software architecture.
> 2. Implement the system as designed.
> 3. Test it thoroughly.
>
> If you're not sure how to proceed with any of those steps, then given
> that you seem to be talking about building a very large-scale commercial
> application, and you haven't mentioned it being open source, I would
> suggest that you should probably hire someone who does know how to do it
> and pay them appropriately.
>
> If you get stuck at specific technical points in step 2 or 3 then I'm
> sure people on this list will be very happy to give you some guidance,
> but if you've not even made a start on step 1 then I think you have some
> work to do for yourself first - or some hiring to do.
>
> Regards,
> Denny

Thanks for the suggestion Denny.

We definitely support open-source, but haven't yet discussed which
components we'll open-source.

Currently we are looking for a good starting base, with a lot of the
development already done for us; then we'll build up from that
foundation.

Research includes: Ruby on Rails (spree), DJango (satchmo) and Catalyst.

Could you recommend some libraries on CPAN (or other places) which
will provide a strong foundation for this project?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor