[Catalyst] Question about workflow to handle multiple 'submit' buttons on one form

Francisco Obispo fobispo at isc.org
Mon Feb 7 19:42:37 GMT 2011

Well, what I would do, is keep the underlying 'save' and 'close' methods as private:

sub save : Private {
  my ($self,$c)=@_;

  # your save code goes here

}

sub close : Private {
  my ($self,$c)=@_;

  # your close code goes here

}

That way you could have:

sub action : Local {
  my ($self,$c)=@_;
  $c->forward('save');
  $c->forward('close') if $c->request->param("close"); # or something
}

Francisco