[Catalyst] Question about workflow to handle multiple 'submit' buttons on one form

Len Jaffe lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com
Mon Feb 7 19:29:38 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:41 AM, will trillich
<will.trillich at serensoft.com>wrote:

> Catalystry:
>
> So there's a second page where they fill out some finalization options
> (with the original data in hidden fields) and there they have a final
> "submit" button for the purpose. And they should be able to use their
> browser's "back" button to get back to the edit form.
>

> The problem we're wrestling with is that the "edit" action should have a
> URL distinct from the close action so that the user can hit the "back"
> button if need be.
>
> /item/# <=3D view item
> /item/#/edit <=3D edit form
> /item/#/close <=3D confirm-close form

Nah. I wouldn't have two URLs.  I'd have one URL, and determine whether to
save or save+close based on the value of the submit button.
Furthernore, after a successful submit (assuming http POST) I'd redirect the
user to a new display page via GET so that they can hit the refresh button
all the like without attempting to repost the submission.

Len.

-- =

lenjaffe at jaffesystems.com   614-404-4214
Asst. Scoutmaster Troop 156 - www.bsatroop156.org -