[Catalyst] Ajax Problem.

Michele Beltrame mb at cattlegrid.info
Wed Jan 5 13:55:51 GMT 2011

Hello!

> 4) The Action subroutine searches database and puts results in the *stash*
> *
> *
> *I could see, the things are working till the fourth step correctly.*

Putting results in the stash is not enough, as they must be sent to the
client JavaScript application somehow.

If you want to provide HTML, you can use a template for your action,
i.e indexer/getid.tt. You'll then find the HTML in your:

document.getElementById("data").innerHTML

You might also consider other data-exchange ways, such as JSON. A
framework (like others suggested) would help a lot in this case.

Cheers,
Michele.