[Catalyst] ".part" file downloading while login/logout

Evan Carroll evan at dealermade.com
Thu Jan 13 15:34:05 GMT 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 2:04 AM, mani kandan <manimani1014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have created a catalyst web application , it working fine . But the
> problem I am facing is, when I click login its asking to save ".part" file ,
> the same problem while logout.

I'm taking a wild guess, but on success you're forwarding to, or just
serving outright, something being served as non `text/*` for the
mime-type. And, your browser (probably Firefox) is storing the file as
*.part until it gets EOF from the stream when it would rename the file
to having been downloaded. The .part is just usually a browser trick.
Tt's a temporary store the browser will attempt a resume with. They're
also easily deleted as uncompleted download trash...

Evan Carroll - evan at dealermade.com
System Lord of the Internets - Dealermade
web: http://www.dealermade.com
ph: 888.403.9143